Mirage M1 Speakers.

My friend has a pair of Mirage M1 speakers. I've seen the Sansui BA3000 Power Amp and CA3000 Preamp used with them. Are there other amps that pair well with them?

robert53

I owned M-5Si years ago. They do like power. I used an Aragon 4004 on them and they paired very well. That amp is long in the tooth. What kind of budget are you talking about. If you could swing something like a Parasound A-21, it should work well.

One of the demos that really caught my attention years ago was a pair of M-1Si vertically biamped with a pair of Krell KSA-250s. That demo was what convinced me to buy the M-5Si. 

Agree with the above.  Had a pair of M-5si and they were driven beautifully by a Rotel 990 power amp. Hard to believe a pair of 6.5" woofers could soak up all the juice the 990's put out.  Great combo. 

Yea, I have a pair of Mirage M1Si speakers powered by 2 B&K monoblocks and connected with Kimber Cables. It’s an amazing setup and really fills my big living room with 20’ ceilings. But as I look to downsize, I am considering scaling down. I just don’t know what the market is for these behemoths. But they are certainly beautiful and sound amazing! I am running them through a B&K MC101 preamp.