What are we objectivists missing?

I have been following (with much amusement) various threads about cables and tweaks where some claim "game changing improvements" and other claim "no difference".  My take is that if you can hear a difference, there must be some difference.  If a device or cable or whatever measures exactly the same it should sound exactly the same.  So what are your opinions on what those differences might be and what are we NOT measuring that would define those differences?

jtucker

Because thinking dont cost money but our free time highest energy...

Correlative dynamic between subjective perception and objective dispositions escape them....

All that debate seems like a question with no answer to superficial mind ignoring that sometimes the answer is in the question itself in science, unlike politic....Here they divide the question in two parts and take a side... 😁😊

But who want to give times to a deep subject like the relation between acoustic and psycho-acoustic?

Arguing is more fun for some....

I don’t understand why this subject is such a sticky wicket.

@hartf36 The difference could be that I moved an armchair from one corner of my listening room to another, and it completely changed the room acoustics, all else being equal. Does that count?

Yes. The all else being equal being the the objective measurements of the equipment. It is data. It can be banged with a hammer and it will not change.

Then game-on for individual preferences, circumstances (however defined), room arrangements, and exaggeration.

I understand. Indignation.  I use that word with some trepidation as I tip-toe away into a safe zone. .

Objectivists are just subjectivists calling out nonsense objective claims made by some subjectivists. 

We're not missing anything. When I listen to a $99 DAC with a SINAD of 123, then switch to a $100 DAC with a SINAD of 122, I rest easy at night knowing that the $99 DAC is superior in every possible way in the universe.  Then I rush back online to see if that dreamy Amir has given one of my comments an upvote.