Vandersteen Forum

I bought an older pair of Vandersteen 2Ce and did not like them. Found out one woofer was crackling (what I did not like was poor tweeter and midrange). I went onto the Vandersteen forum to see if changing a component or two would better the sound than 25 year old speakers. In 2022 almost anyones speakers sound better than 25 year old Vandersteen technology. 
The replies raised my eyebrows. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with that forum and did they find it cult-like or is it just me?

128x128geworthomd
Post removed 
Post removed 

what i've long admired about the "vandy" sound is that they seem to commit sins of omission only. i can live with those. the ones i heard [in an acoustically perfect room, meaning large] were not the last word in definition but they made everything [including old recordings of mediocre sound quality] sound at least tolerable if not 100% shiny. their imaging quality [head-in-vise] was better than average, i could easily get a palpable sense of depth on good stereo recordings. mono recordings came from a very narrow "wodge" between the speakers, that when i moved my head back and forth, smoothly transitioned between the speakers with no lumpiness. i just wished they sounded like that in smaller rooms. 

As a vandersteen owner I will admit there can be a cultish quality to vandersteen enthusiasts. What I will also say is that if you liked B&Ws better that your probably not someone that digs the vandersteen sound. B&Ws tend to be very bright to my ears. Yes, they will sound glittery and detailed but after some time they start to fatigue my ears. They tend to pair well with really tubey warm stuff like Macintosh. For me the vandys are more natural, more real. But this is just my opinion. You have your opinion. Ultimately , in hifi, we each have our own. It doesn't mean something is good or bad, its just our preference. I loved my old 2ce and love my quatros. Vandersteen for life!

I once criticized the frequency response of a past version of a Vandersteen model. Someone called dad to tell on me, which was weird. Poor Richard.