Brian Wilson-American Masters

Anyone catch the American Masters/PBS  show on Brian Wilson ? I never tire of seeing archive footage of BB earliest period. Fascinating music history.

Bdp24-perhaps you seen this one? Caught this last night.

Here while it lasts:

tablejockey

@tablejockey: I saw mention of the documentary somewhere, so looked on my local PBS channel on release day. It wasn't listed at the time specified in the article (or any other time that day), so I went to the PBS website. The documentary is available only as a purchase, which surprised me. PBS, selling a documentary? Am I missing something, availability-wise?

I've seen (and read) everything on Brian Wilson I am aware of, and am usually to one degree or another disappointed. Is this one different?

I've spoken with Brian in the flesh twice, and visited his house in Bel-Air once. Marilyn didn't invite me in. ;-)

bdp24-well you can see it above-it's the entire airing. Likely you'll see nothing new. I just caught a few clips I haven't seen before.

The host seemed a little too young(he reminded me of Elvis Costello)to add perspective with his conversations and didn't really dive into anything to reveal something we haven't already read about Brian.

See for yourself.

We have watched many shows in the series but not this one yet. We'll add it to our PBS list of stuff to watch.

Another one that was superb was about Buddy Guy, the blues guitarist.