New mat for Rega P6?

I don’t like the mat that came with the Rega P6, lots of static and that’s even with a zero stat and carbon fiber brush. I’d like to hear from any Rega owners on what they use. Other voices are welcome, just be aware the Rega is not very adjustable, so any suggestions should replace the Rega mat one for one.Thanks in advance!  

128x128deadhead1000

Try a Herbies. They make them in all thicknesses. Money back if not satisfied. It will change the sound, maybe for the better or maybe for the worse. Everyone gets into an uproar when I say this, but if the static is to a point where it’s making playing records unenjoyable, Gruv Glide will stop it dead. I had unending static issues when I had my Linn and GG cured it. Up to you.

I had a Rega RP-6. Very nice tt. I have tried lots of mats, everything from soft felt mats to carbon fiber ones. I recently got hold of a tt mat called MyMat, which was made by one of A'gon's members. This is the most neutral (read best sounding) mat I ever owned. Unfortunately this member quit making it. I am fortunate to have one...

I've got Herbie's mats on my two P-9s. Very pleased with them - - and the absence of static.

I have a Herbie's Way Excellent II but Herbie's makes a different mat more suitable for acrylic platters called the Grungebuster. I believe the Rega has an acrylic platter, so the Grungebuster might improve sonics but I doubt you would notice any difference with the Way Excellent from just putting the record directly on the platter. Synergistic Research recently came out with a mat (and weight) but like all of there products, it's expensive.