Buying New TV Need A Soundbar Recommendation

My other half wants a straightforward system to use and doesn't want a ton of electronics and speakers scattered about the room. We are buying a new TV and have decided on the 65" LG G1 OLED. I need a sound bar that will give me acceptable audio, be relatively easy to use, and not cost multi kilobucks. Probably go up to $1K for it. Be happier if I was at $500 to $700, but what is another $300 right? Preferably Atmos. 

Anyone have good recommendations? The easy to use is going to be a high selling point to my better half. 

neonknight
Post removed 

we like Star Trek series and other sci-fi.

Speaking of Sci-fi. the film serenity, which was Joss Wheedon's way of tying off the sci-fi series 'firefly'. In it there is a thing called 'Reavers'.

You'd have to see the movie to understand the connection.

Scientists just accidentally did similar to what was in the film. (no plot points, no spoilers!)

Reavers.

Hamster Reavers.

CRISPR-Cas9 editing of the arginine–vasopressin V1a receptor produces paradoxical changes in social behavior in Syrian hamsters

@neonknight, i also have a 50inch panasonic plasma tv! 1080 p i guess! i have it hooked up to my 600 watt per chanell stereosystem and my system sounds good to me! by the way, i have 4 bose 901 series 2 speakers!

I agreement with what @g_nakamoto points out… I too find that a good 2 channel is surprisingly good… (or 4 in his case)

The Haus-boss did not like any of the sound from the sound bars we listened to briefly.

From there (2 channel) it then becomes a question of where to go. A sub is a very logical step, as is the 4 channel surround.

But we do not have a room for HT, so it is one combined 2-channel and TV set up.

The obvious problem there is we fail at this aspect:

My other half wants a straightforward system to use and doesn’t want a ton of electronics and speakers scattered about the room.

Yep, that is what sound bars are about… physical and operational simplicity.