Best streamer for a returning audio guy

Hello, hope you all can help. My question is what is the most reasonable streamer to try in my system to see if it works for me? 
  A little background is in order . I’m an older gentleman, who was into audio years ago. I’m currently rebuilding my system with newer technology. I have significant older components. Such as Adcom separates, ( not currently using), Yamaha reciever rxa 2000 as a preamp, Rotel amp driving center speaker and rears, crown class d driving main speakers, I have many speaker choices. Currently using Kef 105/2 as mains ( have Martin Logan’s as well) , Martin logan cinema as center, Martin Logan’s a rear surround. All interconnects and speaker wires are morrow audio. 
 I am / was old school with over 1500 vinyl album’s from years of collecting. About 100 cds. One interesting note, this rebirth of my interest in audio came with my wife giving me a turntable for Christmas several years ago. Finally joked it up and after 30 years I was hooked again!!!

On to my question, it appears that almost everyone is now streaming their music. Ok, I understand the concept ( have Sirius in the car) . What is the best unit to try this out. Can’t break the bank, used is ok, actually preferred. Any outlet advice would be appreciated. 
  I’m working to eventually get to the level of most of you. I have visited my local real hi fi store and have heard the”great” components and eventually I’ll get there. Thanks, and looking forward to your replies. Twodogs112.

128x128twodogs112

I see a lot of recommendations for the Node.  I used one for a while and agree it is a good streamer.  I don't like that you have to buy a DAC with it.  I recommend a stand alone DAC.  The DAC is a much more important component of your system than your streamer.  I'd keep using a computer and do without a streamer until I had my DAC.  --Jerry

First streamer Bluesound. Period.

The Zen next and keep them both.

After a DAC investment.

Unless you're satisfied with the Mode you are going to spend a coupla $K.

“I see a lot of recommendations for the Node.  I used one for a while and agree it is a good streamer.  I don't like that you have to buy a DAC with it.  I recommend a stand alone DAC.  The DAC is a much more important component of your system than your streamer.  I'd keep using a computer and do without a streamer until I had my DAC.  --Jerry”

The Node has an internal DAC with RCA outputs. The newest model’s DAC is pretty good. Easy to add an external DAC later if OP decides streaming works well for him/her and wants to upgrade.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m currently using the Tammy as a pre amp b cause of the ht capability. My wife likes the movies on the system. I’m currently looking for a reasonable pre for 2 channel as well as ht. I already have an Adcom preamp with my Adcom amp( white faceplates, very rare, bought new!!!). Ran this for years before I could afford a tv!!!

Sound like blue ode is for me. Like the options available. I already have a stand alone Dac. It made a real difference in my cds listening. So no problem there. 
  With regard to streaming audio vs lp. To my ears now there is no comparison. I have several direct to disc recordings, a few Gail recordings, and lots of mobile fidelity lp recordings as well. Comparison between supertramp, the planets, king james( on direct to disc) . Lp’s win every time. A reasonable turntable helps. I like cd’s for the convenience.

Thanks for the advice, all suggestions are welcome. On a funny note, I just discovered Apple TV has music. Who new. Thanks, twodogs112 ( I really have 2 dogs), a westie, and a one eyed beagle!!!!

@twodogs112 ,

I started much like you are. 

My first streamer was the Bluesound Node bought used on Ebay.

It worked great. The internal DAC is good for the price, but the good part is you can insert a better DAC in the future.

As you have heard, your LP's produce a better quality sound. This I don't doubt.

But, when you get really serious about it (and have a bit of disposable income available), digital streaming gets very close to vinyl.

PM me if you want more detailed information.

Bob