Tonearms for a Luxman PD-444

I just purchased a Luxman PD-444, which will accommodate two arms, one 9-inch and one 12. Anyone here have one? I would love to know which arms you had on the table, so I can try to find something before the table gets here.

Thanks!

saulh

Is it coming with arm boards? If so do you know what hole or slot is in each one?

@pindac thanks for the good wishes. Anticipation abounds here with about 3 weeks to go until delivery!

@solypsa attaching photo of the armboards if that helps.Armboards

@saulh

Hi and best compliments for the turntable;
the armboard above you can use it for the following vintage and contemporary tonearms to the turntable
Stax UA-7, UA-70, Fidelity Research FR-64, FR-64S, Saec WE-308, WE-308L, Ortofon RMG212, RMG309, Micro Seiki MA-505, MA-505L Grace G-704 G714

The lower armboard would appear to be compatible with the SME 3009 arms etc. but you don’t see 4 small holes around the main hole.

I wondered if the lower armboard is drilled for a Fidelity Research B60 heavy base?

As I recall, a hole drilled for the standard FR mount will also accommodate the B60. At least it does so for me.

I only have one comment on the long list of possible tonearms. Some of the lesser expensive SAEC tonearms have an odd geometry. This might be a factor if you want to be able to switch cartridges mounted on head shells with any frequency, without having to readjust stylus overhang, etc. Or worry about headshell offset angle. I have never owned an SAEC tonearm, so take this with a grain of salt.