Beware poor sounding media

One of the hardest things to accept as an audiophile is an inferior sounding CD, stream, record etc. It’s too easy to personalize it as a flaw in the system.
ideally, we should accept each track on it’s own sonic merits, good or bad, and enjoy the music thereon. But, too often, it can destroy the enjoyment of a listening session and blanket the experience.

Anyone else experience this?

128x128rvpiano

I used too, but now that I have my system where I want it, not so much any more. 

Socalm, I have bought some new remastered vinyl only to find out it sounds similar to a CD.  Kinda takes the fun out of vinyl for vinyl's sake, doesn't it?

Oh no!  Not poor sounding media!  How will we ever survive?  I'm sure no one has ever had poor sounding media before.  Thanks, OP, for bringing this to our attention.

I've probably come across more CD's than LP's that I would consider poor recordings due to the mastering process. Some due to the era of the Loudness Wars and some basically flat sounding. 

What does bother me is when I purchase a remaster or reissue to replace an original LP from the 60's or 70's that had seen better days and while the new copy may not have the noise from wear the original copy sounds much more dynamic than the remaster. 

Wind up the old victrola. It’s always easy to tell a poor recording/playback. Most are times listening is very good to great experience. 

Back in the day my cassettes bested eight track. That’s all it took. Now I’m scheming to put up an out building purpose built for listening. Point is that it’s not just the recordings but rather the whole kielbasa. Please pass the mustard.