Can a turntable ever have enough isolation?

I have a Pioneer PLX-1000 turntable mounted with minnesota pc tech feet sitting on top of an ISO acoustics ZaZen II platform. My phono preamp and all tube preamp are on 3" maple butcher block acoustics block on spikes. The amp is on 1 3/4" Maple butcher block on spikes as well.

Thinking of trying something different under the amplifier like iso pucks or something. But anyhow on to the point I would then have a nice beefy large 1 3/4" maple butcher block I could experiment with adding to the turntable isolation. Directly under the turntable on perhaps the rubber feet on top of the ISO acoustics platform or the entire setup on top of the butcher block itself.

Appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks.

-Chris

128x128blue_collar_audio_guy

Since I bought a SOTA Sapphire, all the isolation necessary is built into the design. So, yes, I have enough isolation without the need of any other third party product or add-on ‘gizmo’. 

A wall mounted turntable shelf, preferably mounted to a concrete wall that is studded and covered in dry wall, is the best isolation bar none...absolutely zero footfalls, banished forever. On top of that, add in your usual butcher block platform supported by your choice of isolation products, such as vibrapods etc....If the turntable is already well isolated from vibration by design, even better in combination with the above shelf set up.

Thanks for responses!

Lewm I'm in a house and the system is on a suspended carpeted floor. On the floor I've laid down shelving panels as a base for the component racks. The component racks are on this shelving supported on those cheap rubber cork combo pads that came with the butcher blocks. Works for now. 

I appreciate all the suggestions but wasn't looking to spend any money at the time on it. I was curious if it was a good idea to implement what I mentioned doing. It appears it's totally fine and at my discretion to try it. And have tons of options to go through if I want to take it further according to the folks here. 

Lewm nailed it. Anything you can do to rigidify the floor under your turntable will be a good thing - like concrete blocks wedged between crawl space floor and floor joists.

@blue_collar_audio_guy 

'And have tons of options to go through if I want to take it further according to the folks here.'

Your description of owned Sub Plinth supports for the Amps, also allows for your to try out a few alternative Sub Plinth configurations at your leisure, not needing to spend any funds.

I am familiar with the Cork - Fluted Rubber Lamination Footers and the same with Foam in place of Cork.

These when used in my environment and used on a the Sub Plinth Structure for the TT, had subdued the sound stage, an airiness and spacing was lost, the foam version was slightly more attractive over the Cork. Suspension footers correct this in my environment to a manner that I find more attractive. 

The above has proved the same when using the same materials as Speaker Footers, sat upon a Spike Supported 50mm thick Granite slab. The Pads and suspension footers have been used as footers for Floor Standing Cabinet Speakers.

The above does not rule Cork or Foam out, I use Cork in a 5mm thickness and like the impression made with some devices seated on it, It has been the most cost effective, when I use it as an isolator between a 30mm Thick Granite Shelve and a SUT.

I also use foam in different densities, a Pre-Amp' set up on its own dedicated Rack/ Plinth, excels in presentation when seated on a Sub Plinth Base, being made up of the highly compressed foam, with a Soft Porous, easy to compress foam tier that is in contact with the Pre Amp', even though it does come to rest unlevel on the rack.   

I have discovered some quite interesting outcomes about the use of different thickness materials being better in use in certain environments, I have learnt when it comes to TT's the environment is a very important consideration, there is in my experiences, not seeming to be one ubiquitous solution available when using affordable ancillaries to aid with supporting a TT. Especially ones that leaves the perception an improvement has occurred due to the mounting method in use.

The is usually a need to swap out materials and configurations of an assembly to show a change to a presentation that is seen to be an improved set up.

The recent adoption and use of Densified Wood, is looking to be getting closer to a 'suits all' material, from evaluating it use recently for Mounting other TT's in other environments.