Buying New TV Need A Soundbar Recommendation

My other half wants a straightforward system to use and doesn't want a ton of electronics and speakers scattered about the room. We are buying a new TV and have decided on the 65" LG G1 OLED. I need a sound bar that will give me acceptable audio, be relatively easy to use, and not cost multi kilobucks. Probably go up to $1K for it. Be happier if I was at $500 to $700, but what is another $300 right? Preferably Atmos. 

Anyone have good recommendations? The easy to use is going to be a high selling point to my better half. 

neonknight

Although active 2-channel speaker option is supposed to be preferrable to the soundbar, the OP granting his best half's wishes is far more correct decision.  Happy wife, happy life.  Good luck.

All I am saying is that the Mrs may have a preference.
(Mine did not abide a sound bar.)

Post removed 

There's a company out of France and I cannot remember their name. The speaker was round with a woofer in the center. Like the iris in an eyeball. It sounded great. The dealer told me that they were to come out with a soundbar soon. I can call the dealer and get the name of the company.

On the cheap, the Yamaha sound bars are good. I use the clear voice option because I have trouble with dialogue. I play a lot of silent film and the music accompaniment sounds fine. Though the eyeball would be considerably better.

I hope you share what you find out about the sound bar you decide on.  I know someone who is also interested in one.

FYI  I recently bought a LG C1 TV.  I Had a problem getting the apps to load/work properly until I disconnected the eARC HDMI cable connected to my Denon AVR.  Maybe, it was something to do with the Denon, because it was kind of old.  Hope this saves you some headaches if you encounter the same problem.