Bose 901's in an acoustically treated room?

Curious - has anyone tried the 901's in an acoustically treated room?  If so, your thoughts?

I've thought about trying out my 901's in my music room, but since it's got a bunch of GIK acoustic treatment throughout, I've never done it.  I think the Bose needs a more reflective set of walls behind and to the sides.  

But I think I'm going to give it a try soon and just wanted to see if anyone else has done the same (and are willing to admit to it publicly). 

Cheers.  

128x128audiodwebe

Regarding the 901’s: you cannot get good bass out of  9 small 3inch drivers no matter how many watts you pump into them! They are strictly midrange speakers!

I agree!

The "no bass" comments surprise me.  Back in the day, four 901's (one in each corner of a ceiling) were used in some clubs for dance music.  They produce plenty of bass, IMO.

I wonder if the treatment reduces the higher frequencies just boosting the treble on the EQ would counter it enough.  Hmm.

Will find out sooner or later.

I heard them a/b'd against the Large Advents I was auditioning back in the late 70's. yes, the Bose sounded you more with music at high volumes. But on normal listening levels the Original Large Advents sound a lot better.

Now some clarification to the surrounding with music. It did so because of the room reflections so it wasn't an accurate sound stage. it was more akin to Quadraphonic sound with sound bouncing around. but instead of 4 speakers it would do so with 2.

The 901's sold well because they looked futuristic on their pedestal stands - not because of their SQ. They didn't look like all those boring box speakers of the late 60's!