Bose 901's in an acoustically treated room?

Curious - has anyone tried the 901's in an acoustically treated room?  If so, your thoughts?

I've thought about trying out my 901's in my music room, but since it's got a bunch of GIK acoustic treatment throughout, I've never done it.  I think the Bose needs a more reflective set of walls behind and to the sides.  

But I think I'm going to give it a try soon and just wanted to see if anyone else has done the same (and are willing to admit to it publicly). 

Cheers.  

128x128audiodwebe

Regarding the 901’s: you cannot get good bass out of  9 small 3inch drivers no matter how many watts you pump into them! They are strictly midrange speakers!

The 501 was a much better speaker because it had a front-firing 10inch woofer and two of the 3inch rear-firing at left and right angles. I listened to them and was impressed! Good bass and a nice airy upper range.

+1 jasonbourne52 - I completely agree with both posts! I personally wouldn’t waste  my time setting up the 901’s in a treated room, you’re going to have even less high frequencies.

Regarding the 901’s: you cannot get good bass out of  9 small 3inch drivers no matter how many watts you pump into them! They are strictly midrange speakers!

I agree!

The "no bass" comments surprise me.  Back in the day, four 901's (one in each corner of a ceiling) were used in some clubs for dance music.  They produce plenty of bass, IMO.

I wonder if the treatment reduces the higher frequencies just boosting the treble on the EQ would counter it enough.  Hmm.

Will find out sooner or later.