Inside the Iso Acoustics mechanism

So what us inside the device? Springs? Dampening material or a combination? Thanks

128x128blueranger

@ghdprentice ,

The granite interfered with getting maximum performance of the Gaias. When I moved from the spiked to the Gaias on granite, there was definitely an improvement - no doubt. But the "fullness" of the sound and the "more natural" sound of strings and bass opened up completely once I coupled the Gaias to the floor using the dedicated carpet spikes. Those plates are not cheap - but in my books, completely worth it.

@milpai

Thanks for your reply. My amp is underlain by an amp stand, on which are six or so vibrapodes, then a granite slab… then Nobsound springs… then my amp. The Nobsprings definitely improved the sound. I know granite can be bad under a TT, but I felt that with the vibrapods I put under the slab isolated my amp enough. But, now I am starting to wonder.

I have been trying to avoid trying it (my amp is 100 lbs and I am 70… I would just rather not… I am getting lazy). Maybe I will just need to see if the granite is an issue.

@ghdprentice ,

You are welcome. But I would think that our situations are different. Loudspeakers can shake and move depending on the music playing, especially in the low frequency range. Components do not do that. And your granite is on a firm surface unlike mine which was on carpet. So you might be fine with your setup. Please consider that before you try to replace the granite.

BTW, you have a beautiful system. I am sure it sounds phenomenal.

@milpai 

Thanks for your comments. Good point about speakers. I have isolation platforms for my speakers on the list of the next upgrade.

Thanks for your complement. Yeah, it sounds incredible… really hard to drag myself away from… I am fortunate enough to have the best sounding acoustic space I have heard (completely by accident)… so yes, it sounds great.

Inside view of our Energy Room. All direct coupled walls ceiling and of course all the components. Included are our 3rd gen.Caravelle speakers and stands fully loaded with my new driver selection and simple unique crossover. Take a tour you may find something useful in your next build. Tom..