Vandersteen 5a, 15 years old vs. new Vandersteen Quatro Wood (upgrade or downgrade)

I currently have a Vandersteen 5A purchased about 15 years ago in great condition. My  equipment  is Thor 150 watt  tube EL-34 monoblocks with a Thor linestage, Sony SACD player and a middle of the road VPI turntable. Was reading about the Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT which I believe retails for $15,000.00. The wood has the carbon tweeter, my 5A's do not. The Quatro also has a 250 watt amplifier for the built in sub while my 5A's have a 400 watt amp.  If I purchased a new Quatro Wood and sold my 5a's would the resulting sound be better overall in my 8 1/2 by 15 foot room?
 My rationale for considering this upgrade, is that I would be getting a speaker with all new parts and would obtain a new warranty.  Any thoughts would be helpful.  In short is todays' Quatro Wood CT a better sounding speaker than my old 5A?  Would this change be an upgrade and would it yield an improvement in sound to justify the cost?

Thank you. 

M

128x128kjl1065
BTW just drove 1,300 miles to hear a pair of 7’s ( mine )... ha, big fun

geace, peace and health to all

Just got my Quatros. I've been dreaming about these for a while. Holy Cow they are great. I have been an audiophile for about 20 years and also used to do pro audio. I have heard some very resolving systems. I am super pleased with how these sound in my home. I now understand what people mean when they say it is involving. It's a natural sound, not hyped, but still very revealing of the music. I am hearing recordings that I have heard all my life and finding characteristics and qualities that are newly unveiled. I am a musician and understanding the subtleties of arranging and recording on these great records is very meaningful to me. 

@prefab ,

As a Vandy owner, please join us on the Vandy forum. Just go to the Vandy website and click on the link. You will see all the folks who have chimed in on this thread, and if you are a good boy, even Mr. V. will post.😜

Bob