Output tube types - need some opinions

I'm starting to think about my next DIY project and would like to build a push-pull tube amp (monoblocks) with a single pair of output tubes. I do not plan on using any global feedback, but will probably include the option to run ultra-linear if the tubes support it. 

I don't have much experience with different tube types, so I would like to get some opinions about differences in SQ strengths and weaknesses of different types. I am currently using a pair of 300B parallel SET amps I finished last year (see my virtual system for some details) and like what they do. For this next amp, I'm hoping for more headroom (at least 30W), a bit better macro-dynamics, and maybe a touch less warmth. 

I'm not looking for kit suggestions. I plan to build these amps from scratch. But I don't want to work with voltages any higher than 600V which rules out some options. 

I listen mostly to jazz, folk, electronica, classic rock, and enjoy vocals. Excellent vocal performance is probably most important to me, but nice soundstage and decent imaging is also a priority. I use powered subs to cover the bottom couple octaves, so deep bass performance isn't too important, but good midbass performance is. My high frequency hearing isn't what it used to be, so extension out to 20khz and beyond will be lost on me. 

I've been thinking about using KT150s but I don't really know whether these are a good choice. I would appreciate some help deciding. Thanks. 

128x128jaytor

Are you on the  Alpe d'Huez ? No wonder you want more HEAD ROOM 😎. Much respect to you for your choice of rides and your choice of amps. Looking forward to hearing about your built. Ride hard, Mike B. 

@buellrider97 - I assume you are talking about my profile photo. That's actually Mt. Ventoux. I have yet to ride Alpe d-Huez. One of these days. I'm doing a tour later this year from Geneva to Innsbruck, but we're heading into the Swiss and Austrian alps and will miss that iconic climb on this trip. Plenty of other monster climbs though. 😁

For Tango Google "iso transformers".

They formed from Tango employees maybe 5 years ago, but not certain if they are still in business.

DeKay

@Dekay - Thanks. It appears they are still in business. I'm leaning toward Monolith Magnetics based on reports from folks that have used them, but haven't decided yet. 

If you're looking at upper echelon iron for this project, go to the Intact Audio forum and work with Dave. His stuff is at the top of the heap.

Cheers,                         Crazy Bill