Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

I finally saw the link above and ordered 4 extenders. Maybe the tubes are tight and not inserting all the way. We'll try that workaround when they arrive.

I bought the 6sn7 tube did not fit well on my preamp, I only get one channel works. But on my other preamp no problem, I bought socket saver to see if will do the trick.

@danmar123 the fellow that makes adapters is in this thread

Scroll down until you see the picture of a similar shaped adapter. Posters name is Devan. It obviously would have only 1 tube socket. He was just presenting this to see if it was kind of what I had in mind. I’ve never met or talked to the man, though others in the thread recommended him highly.

Thanks,

aldnorab

Sorry, man's name above is Deyan. When I try to edit post above tablet goes crazy.

Thanks,

aldnorab

@danmar123 to @bugredmachine "NO hiss what so ever. I have LaScala’s 2 which is 105 db"

Does this not confirm its the preamp or how the tubes are installed, or not fully seating? I am interested to read if the riser/adapters help this situation out or not.

Also wondering how much the adapters will impact the sound.