Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

@lowrider57 I have a set that I’ve tested for @bugredmachine & there’s no problem with those tubes. It has to be something in his system that’s rejecting them.

I never experienced lack of low-end with these Linlai's. Right out of the box, I was surprised by how deep the bass was. It didn't take long to hear a realistic kick drum and jazz bassline.

I want to add regarding dealers, maybe Don Sachs should be asked if Viva Tubes is a legitimate dealer. Many vendors may be buying in bulk and setting up shop as dealers. I see a lot of Ebay vendors now selling Linlai.

One point about socket savers, who knows what the quality of the wire is inside, unless they are described as coated with a good conductor.  Maybe some of them are adding noise. My experience was the tubes didnt sound very clear, had a lack of transparency. I used Deoxit D5 on all the contacts and it was like a veil was lifted.

Maybe move the preamp to a different location, change all cables in and out of the preamp, try plugging into a different circuit. It's possible a circuit is picking up RFI or EMI.

Don does not buy tubes from Viva.

I am not sure why my preamp does not like these tubes. Don assures me it is not the preamp. He gets the occasional bad tube. Maybe the third set of tubes will be better.🙄

I sent a note to Viva and asked them if they actually listen to them or just test them.

Are there sockets I can buy to put in-between my pre and the tube that may get a better connection, if that is an issue? I don't want to press against the PCB too hard that supports the sockets. I'll probably have to take the unit apart and give it a once over.

Dan, no hiss or noise whatsoever? Is one louder than the other? What is the efficiency of your speakers? My Wilsons are 91 db so fairly sensitive to noise.