Fraud Ads Have Been Posted Lately

I have noticed over the past few weeks ads selling gear at ultra-low prices which is too good to be true. $15,000 amps for $2,500 and so on. They all have one thing in common the date they became a member of Audiogon in May. They have addresses across the USA, and great photos of the gear, but that is to make you think it is a steal of a deal. I reported these to Audiogon and I hope they can stop them. Pair B&W 802D for $2,800 if I recall. I know we are wise but as you know we are always looking for a good price and these folks are praying on that. Too good to be true, no time on Gon and NO customer feedback stay away from them. Just an FYI.

128x128phillyb

@teo_audio I looked on USAM for a john Bowering per your suggestion but nothing comes up. How can this guy defraud people time and time again without being stopped? Makes no sense.

@thecarpathian Gosh let’s see here, you have to join to post equipment for sale or post a fraudulent ad, hence they are members.

This is not some elite secure club. You, this site and it’s members are not special or are you afforded any protections by selling or purchasing products on this site.

@music_is_life ,

Ah, I see now what you are alluding to.

The world is full of frauds, many of these frauds join here to run their frauds.

You are not alluding to specific long time members.

A bit more specificity to your overly simplistic statement would have been nice.

No need to get all chopsy.

@thecarpathian guess some are slow on the uptake. You are the only one who took it to heart. 

Annnd now we can add insulting to chopsy in your very short time here.

Welcome to the forum. You’re going to be real popular here.

Quick question; 

What was your previous username before you were banned?

I believe I already know.