Ideas for an amplifier?

Hi Gentlemen,

i was thrilled at receiving a second hand Maraschino Cherry and was looking for another one. A gentleman on eBay had two that were sold for $1,000 pair, less than half price new. Then I found out that the Digital Amplifier Company is essentially defunct with the untimely death of its owner, Mr. Tom O’Brien. RIP

Perhaps people are worried about parts and repair. 

I did a lot of reading on amps but I don’t have your experience. There is certainly a lot of hype about class D amps but one also has to watch out for the class D amps that are for low frequency subs only.   I’m not married to the idea of a class D amp and am open to suggestions. 

When I was young the Krell amps were amongst the best. Judging from the price it seems that is still the case. I have a McIntosh mc2100 but I just need more juice.  Most hifi stores think the newer amps have less THD than the older ones. 

i was reading something about a kind of impedance that needs to be matched with speakers, not the 4 ohm 8 ohm thing. Something about feedback. I didn’t understand it first time reading through it. I think it wax late before bed. 

at the end of this I will put the list of equipment I have. Maybe someone can suggest an amp around $1200 to $1500 on the used market?  I, like most men, just came up with that number as what I would like to spend. Once guys pull a number out of their hat it is hard to change it even though there was no logic to coming up with it. 

The main reason for reaching out is so that I don’t make a mistake buying an amp that everyone knows to be harsh or a great THD on paper but not smooth. 

Ok, here is what I have to play with now, thanks to some earlier suggestions by Dugeon. 

Sony HAP Zies 1tb DAC NAS

Speakers:  Vandersteens, Maggie III, Monitor Audio Silver bookshelf, B&W Nautilus SCM-1’s. 

PS. The Vandersteens are power hungry. All the others are good. 
sub:  RBH (don’t like it because it can’t handle much power before sounding flop flop from overdriving them)  driven by a Yamaha 2500 in mono mode. 

Please only nice positive comments. Thank you. 

128x128geworthomd

NAD M33, there are some used for around $4k, 200 wpc, super clean sound, one box integrated, streaming DAC/Amp with room correction.  Handle the Vandys with no problems.  Check the reviews.

Over on USAudiomart someone is selling a LSA Voyager Gan 350. Ive had one for 1.5 years, and continue to be amazed. I just upgraded the coax cable yesterday and the benefit/improvement over my Pangea Premier SE coax is jaw dropping, The sound is now extremely natural. The music just flows. This amp is an absolute bargain at $3000 MSRP, but this seller is only asking $1700. It's already had 93 views so hurry

Parasound is a well-regarded audio manufacture.  John Curl frequently consults with them on their amp & preamp designs.  Their current straight amp of choice in your price range is probably the A23+, but they also have models with more channels, HT features, subwoofer crossover, etc.  I think most of their amps can be bridged, if you have a real thirst for power and relatively well-behaved speakers, impedance-wise.  You could try the A23+ @ 160w/channel into 8 ohms.  If you like the sound, but need more juice, buy a second.  Run them as monoblocks in bridged mode for 500w/channel!