Fraud Ads Have Been Posted Lately

I have noticed over the past few weeks ads selling gear at ultra-low prices which is too good to be true. $15,000 amps for $2,500 and so on. They all have one thing in common the date they became a member of Audiogon in May. They have addresses across the USA, and great photos of the gear, but that is to make you think it is a steal of a deal. I reported these to Audiogon and I hope they can stop them. Pair B&W 802D for $2,800 if I recall. I know we are wise but as you know we are always looking for a good price and these folks are praying on that. Too good to be true, no time on Gon and NO customer feedback stay away from them. Just an FYI.

128x128phillyb

If you've been fooled by another Agon member report them to Admin but also post here and let others know who they are so as not to fall for their schemes

I have seen them on other sites too.  One good thing to check is do a google image search of the images they provide and often you can find the ad where they stole it from. often years ago.  The great thing about stealing an ad from 2 years ago is the copy is already written so they don't have to show off their poor english.  If you can't positively identify fraud and are nervous but interested, offer to add 3% and pay with paypal.  If they refuse that, it could be a red flag. OTOH, if they refuse because they don't want a 1099 from paypal, that sounds like they are a real person.  --Jerry

@music_is_life ,

Frauds are everywhere. Many are members here. 

On what evidence do you base your accusation on?

What are the names of these alleged fraudsters?

@teo_audio I looked on USAM for a john Bowering per your suggestion but nothing comes up. How can this guy defraud people time and time again without being stopped? Makes no sense.

@thecarpathian Gosh let’s see here, you have to join to post equipment for sale or post a fraudulent ad, hence they are members.

This is not some elite secure club. You, this site and it’s members are not special or are you afforded any protections by selling or purchasing products on this site.