Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

This reminds me of years back when dealers were saying that the nos cv181 was a drop in replacement for the 6sn7 tube even though it draws 50% more heater current.

Those Bendix 5852 rectifiers are expensive. I was going to try one in my tube DAC, but I can just buy another super rectifier power supply and run a couple $20 6 amp half wave rectifiers instead.

Previous owner sent a Bendix with the DS. Played it a few weeks without any problems. Need to try it with the Linlai, after they break in. With the RCA and Ken-Rad VT 231 it was very, very punchy. The high frequencies were a little aggressive. Reminded me of beginning era Krell amps. 

Thanks,

aldnorab 

Tubes came today!

No hiss that bugredmachine experienced. I had to alternate tube sockets for the Linlai to fit. Swapped out my Shangs. 181 ll & kept the Psvane (gold base) in. What I noticed in my system was, the upper midrange opened up but lost a little midbase, so I attenuated my ALK xteem slope croosover to compensate for the change. My TT is a Technics 1210 GAE w/ SME 309 & an Ortho Black cartridge. The combo of the new tubes with the Psvane (gold) base, Changed the performance of Ortho Black. NOW I know why its $3000.00

The Play List; Adele-30 LP side 2, Yes- Close to the edge, full LP. Santana’s Abraxas, Paul Paray’s- The Music of Chabrier full LP & finished with Dave Brubecks Time Changes side1.

So I think I covered it, music wise! All music was about 2 hrs of play time including the warm up of the tubes. So I guess I’ll have to order a set soon.

Compared from memory a few days ago when I rolled my KR & Sylvania JAN they would be Comparable tubes. I’m waiting for the W E 6sn7 to come out in Sept. if there is such a thing. Time will tell! That’s another subject.

I hope I made it clear to everyone, that their better then the Shangs & maybe the Psvane, in my systen. YMMV. Also 4 Linlai could be better the 2. I would have to remember who sells the tube adapter for the 6sn7 & purchase a set.