which is a better speaker

I am looking to buy a pair of speakers to use with my 2265B Marantz which would be better Pioneer HPM 100 or Jbl 120ti

mike317

mike--i empathize with your frustration--the above responses are singularly unhelpful. i've owned both the hpm 100 and the original jbl l100 (i assume the 120ti is a late 80s update of the l100) and i liked the hpm better--bassier, louder and bigger sounding; also very easy to drive. i tend to think that speakers match better with receivers from the same era, so the pioneer should work well for you.

Guy complains about free advice! Next time I think he should tell us what he wants to hear in the OP to prevent the respondents from wasting their time. 

Guy complains about free advice!

Reminds me of the expression: "If everybody says your drunk. You better sit down". Pretty much all of us tried to lead the OP in the right direction but our advice was not appreciated. 

OP,

Sorry but you have to invest some effort if you want useful feedback. What is your experience level, what kind of sound are you looking for? What kind of room? 

You got a lot of thoughtful advice given the seconds you put into a one line question.