Esoteric X-01 D2

Folks,
Hoping for some more information on this player in terms of strengths, weaknesses, likes or dislikes. Of course, associated equipment would be appreciated with those preferences.

Have great day all,
Peter
mariasplunge
I sell Estoeric and if a customer owned a D2 and had $14K to spend, I would not encourage the external clock.

That amount of money would be much better spent upgrading another component(s) IMO.

I agree with Guido based on hands on experience.

Disclaimer: Esoteric retailer.
Guidocorona:
There is nothing to do with D2 or Limited.It's the system that you are not familiar.Why don't you loan a G-0RB or G-03X and have a audition in your own system? It will make your X-03SE shine if your system was properly set up.
NO idiot will spend big bucks for nothing including me.
Thank you Vsfang for your words of encouragement. Unfortunately I do not own the exalted X-03, but only a lowly X-01 Limited, which is mayhaps not good enough to take significant advantage of external clocks of any kind.
Furthermore, very much heeding your advice, I believe only that which I can hear, and therefore tend to restrict the usage of my meager funds for such components that--in my admittedly modest musical experience--have a chance of benefitting my humble and ill-cobbled-together system the most.