Awaiting a 1st impression

Looking forward to a user review on this new hybrid.

It's got all of the proven PL features, but the $7300 MSRP definitely caught me by surprise. Having nothing but positive experience with PL products, I imagine this will hold it's own with the $10K+ popular brands?

Is this the boutique brand killer?

tablejockey

That’s a LOT of money …. Personally I would never spend that kind of cash on a Chinese amp.    I auditioned two different pair of speakers on PL  tube integrated amps and I have to say they sounded good. You can buy some very fine separates for that or maybe a little more .  Or a bespoke boutique amp .  I would actually look at ModWright  or forget the hybrid and get a Coda or Accuphase for that kind of $$$

"That’s a LOT of money …. Personally I would never spend that kind of cash on a Chinese amp."

oddiofyl-I guess current state of affairs-EVERYTHING with a price, has gone up. Perhaps this is part of the reason for that $7300 MSRP.? The made in China(MIC) factor isn't a concern for me. A huge portion in a typical consumers everyday life is just that-MIC. Like it or not.

Your day starts off with that morning coffee in a MIC mug, along with MIC plate/silverware for your omelet.

If this follows the path of the tube amps, it will be competitive in sales of  upper end SS integrated amps. 

A head to head against a few of the popular brands will be a very interesting read.

I harbor no animosity toward against Chinese goods, but my day starts off a little differently. First, two cups of coffee dispensed from my Jura (Swiss) into a souvenir mug from a the 2001 Catalina Island jazz festival (US-made). If I ate breakfast, which I don't, the omelet  would be served on a Noritake plate (Japan) and consumed with Sambonet flatware (Italy). My buying decisions just worked out this way.

By the same token, if I listened to some music with the breakfast I don't eat, there would be some Chinese equipment in the signal path.

It seems Primaluna is stretching out of the value brand and into the upper echelons of price. I'd love to hear one, but a lot can be had for $7300. Wished they would have made a power amp.