Linlai E 6sn7 tubes

I just placed an order for a pair of these for my Aric Audio Motherlode II.  I’ve been chatting with a fellow that runs the E 6sn7 in his Don Sachs pre. He loves them, He says they make his NOS tubes sound thin and lifeless.  
    It will be a couple weeks until I receive them,and I was curious if anyone out in Agon land has tried these,and what are your impressions?   
Thanks in advance,

Ray

128x128rocray

@bugredmachine does your line stage preamp have R/L Gain adjustment knobs on the front?

IF so, what happens to the hiss if you back off from 5’oclock to 12’oclock position, etc. Does the level of hiss stay the same as you now turn up the main volume control on the line stage. I was not able to find db gain on that Linlai tube pair, or if its over 20db. A quick test.. 

Why? ... doing some light reading on gain of various N7 and L7 tubes, preamps, and amps with higher input sensitivity. No real finds, just curious.Wondering if that particular pair of tubes experiencing hiss in the overall system may benefit some by backing off on R/L gain at the amplifier or preamp. Easy to try real quick if you have gain adjustment on the line stage.

Put a Linlai tube in my Black Ice hybrid preamp in place of the stock TungSol. No contest. The thinness of the stock 6SN7 is gone. It has been replaced with body and vibrant tone colors. Very nice upgrade for my preamp.

Maybe 1hr isn’t enough? Maybe they have to burn in a little?

I'll still give them a try, & record the hrs. I put on them.

Running the LinLia E-6SN7's in my Aric Audio 6SN7 line stage. Feeding my Aric Audio Super KT88 120SE, the one pictured on his website! I will be buying a second set for the amp.

I have accumulated a very good selection of NOS 6SN7 tubes. The LinLia 6SN7's while aren't perfect they give me the balance of my favorite NOS tube qualities. In my system they have the detail of the Sylvania's but not quite the high end extension. The midrange beauty of the RCA's. The low end I find a lot like the Westinghouse and a tonal quality like the GE glow domes. They just do it with such a large but intimate soundstage. Its as if the globe shape also represents the soundstage.

They just managed to balance a lot of my favorite qualities. I will be buying more!

That's my ramble!

J.F.