I bought a NOS fuse on a lark from NASA that is said to have been spares for the Apollo 14 mission. Not sure if it was used on a mission or was just left over but it was sourced from Cape Canaveral. Put in it in a McIntosh amp. Really added more space around the instruments to any type of music once installed. 

I started reading this forum when I began researching audiophile fuses. This and a few other forums got me really excited about QSA fuses and the impact they have on any component that requires a fuse. It was really hard for me to comprehend why so many individuals had such a negative opinion about a fuse they hadn’t tried. I admit, I could find any information about what is in each fuse or why they are different from any other audiophile fuse (bottleneck mitigation) All the forums I read, those who purchased any color QSA fuse, experienced majot sound quality improvements. 

After a few back-and-forth emails with Mike from TG, I decided to purchase a Yellow fuse for my Atoll IN300 and one for my SBooster that is connected to my Qutest. As soon as I put them in, I heard an improvement in sound quality. From talking to Mike, I knew the sound quality would improve over the next 24-48 hours. Well, Mike was not wrong and the sound quality kept improving until both fuses were fully broken in. I could go into all the improvements I heard, but fortunately, many on this post have already detailed the improved sound quality the fuses make. During my 30 day trial, the Synergistic Research Purple fuse hit the market and I read all the many positive reviews written about them. SR was offering the same 30 day trial, so I ordered two of them to do an a/b test. I have to say, the Purple fuse is very nice and sounds great, but for the same price, the QSA Yellow is a much better fuse. I sent the Purple fuses back. 

So, after a few weeks, I decided to buy four Blue fuses to put on the board of my Atoll IN300. Knowing the fuses are directional, I was having a hard time getting them correct. I reached out to Steve Tsang Yick Man from QSA and he took the time to work with me to get all of them in the right direction. He didn’t have to do that,  especially for the second cheapest fuse they make, but he did. Wow, another improvement which was way beyond the price I paid for the fuses. Currently, I’m upgrading the Yellow fuse in the Atoll IN300 for a Violet. The new fuse should be here in the next few weeks. Needless to say, I’m pretty excited. 

I have no idea how or why these fuses work. I know there are different sizes of black stickers on the outside of different colored fuse and I’ve heard there are stones on some of them. For those who haven’t tried them, I agree, I would be skeptical too. But TG will give you 30 days to play with them and if you don’t like the fuse for any reason, you can send it back, no questions asked. In that case, if you have discretionary funds, why not try one out and if it doesn’t work or you cannot hear an auditable difference, send it back and tell us believers, we are crazy and full of crap. But if you don’t give them a shot, I believe you are missing out on major sound improvement at a very affordable price (you don’t have to buy the $10k fuse to experience improved sound quality). These fuses have improved and brought to life all the other tweaks I’ve made through the years to my system. I’m getting the most out of my interconnects, power cables, and linear power supply. I’m really excited to buy a QSA receptacle later this year. I might not understand how these fuses work but I know I hear a major difference after I put them in. 

$2,000 plus for a fuse, well I guess it has more parts than a preamp at $2,000 or an Amp at $2,000. Speakers perhaps at $2,000. Must be the cost of the design of the circuit board perhaps or the cost of the tubes used in the preamp that makes it $2,000 plus. Fuses must have a lot of cost in building them...smile!