Sonus Faber speakers

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Has anyone owned the Sonetto v and the Olympica iii and can offer their opinion on 
weather the latter is a worthwhile upgrade ? 
sheridan50

Older post, but maybe this helps someone. We listened to the Sonetto Vs and the Nova IIIs on about 3 occasions. The Vs powered by McIntosh 252s, and the IIIs with McIntosh MA 352. We did listen to the Nova IIs powered by monoblocks by another brand, can't recall. Made the IIs sound awful, like in a tub of water. We had them hook them up to the 352, and wow what a difference! Felt that that seller did not really know how to show off the Fabers. Too bad. 

We went with another shop that had more options in amps, and were generous with their time in helping us choose. We busted the budget big time and went for the SF Oly IIIs with the McIntosh MA 352. What is interesting is that we listened to those speakers with a few amps. The MA 352 is definitely a different beast than the previous and other Mc models. We are no audiophiles, just the usu run-of-the-mill music lover. We found many speakers to be just too fatiguing. But, the SF really need the right amp to show off their incredible sound. And if you do not get to hear that, to compare other choices, or even other amps with, you miss out. The dealers need to set up these guys right. 

The McIntosh 352 does these speakers serious justice. Clean, clear, detailed, but not subdued or drowned. Or however you call it. The SF chill feel comes through but wow, the deep resonance and detail, the full suite of sound is so beautiful. And zero listener fatigue, at least for us. 

Sadly, our speakers are somewhere, on their excruciatingly slow way here. 

The Sonettos, with the right amp (the 252 really did them well, which are an integrated, combo tube/ss), are wonderful for that class. We tried so many speakers. But this combo was the final choice. 

Our advice is get to a high-end shop that will let you hear the speakers with a range of amps. Don't go heavy on tubes with these, they get bogged down. If going to the Novas and up, they need power to sound right. If they refuse to let you listen to anything but one amp, leave. Be sure to bring your own music that has a wide range, not just their play lists. 

Anyhoo.....someday we will be owners of these fine speakers....when they actually get here. LOL

@mogelsvs I run Olympica 2 with Pass INT-25. It have plenty of power and never run out of steam. Pass Labs - Sonus Faber is the best combination I've ever heard. I've previously owned McIntosh and ARC

@celestial__sound  Thanks for the note and insight.  I had more or less written off the xa25, but may have to give it a try.  

Cheers, Soren

In practical terms, one great advantage of the Sonettos is their down-firing bass port, which makes positioning in a smaller room wonderfully easy. I have mine less than two feet from the rear wall and find they "sing" quite superbly without any fuzziness or over-loading in the bass department.

I have no doubt that the Olympica Novas probably sound even better, but I'm actually happy to forgo that advance for the convenience of being able to move my prodigious bulk around my living room without mishap.