Buying New TV Need A Soundbar Recommendation

My other half wants a straightforward system to use and doesn't want a ton of electronics and speakers scattered about the room. We are buying a new TV and have decided on the 65" LG G1 OLED. I need a sound bar that will give me acceptable audio, be relatively easy to use, and not cost multi kilobucks. Probably go up to $1K for it. Be happier if I was at $500 to $700, but what is another $300 right? Preferably Atmos. 

Anyone have good recommendations? The easy to use is going to be a high selling point to my better half. 

neonknight

No, and don’t be an ass. My current screen is a 50" 2008 Panasonic 1080P plasma, running onboard speakers. I am not a big video person, I do 2 channel audio. This is mostly for the wife and our nightly TV watching, we like Star Trek series and other sci-fi. Will watch movies, but usually not more than one or two a week if that.

It was an honest question because I want better sound than what is going to be available on this thin  TV. But will not put in a full blown HT sound system.

i tried cheap soundbars under $300  big mistake    stuck with my AVR and BW speakers

@grinnell  The point of the post is that this is not a high performance installation in terms of sound. The wife is NOT going to use a HT system and doesn't want a bunch of speakers in that room. So an AVR and 5.1 or 7.1 system is not going to happen. 

The objective is to find a soundbar that can provide an improved level of sound and still be reasonably priced. I won't be buying the Focal or B&W units, but will not be going cheap. So looking for candidates that fit the bang for the buck niche.