Recommendation all-rounded speaker (small room)

Hi audiogon forumers,

I listen to variety of music genres from slow, lazy to fast music, jazz, classical to pop/rock depends on mood.

Thus, I need your humble opinion to recommend all-rounded speaker to fit my small listening room (12' x 10' x 9' , W x D x H).  Currently using Accuphase AB amplifier, source from Roon via Intel NUC/Auralic.

I am eyeing at SCM 11 with great interest.  Anyone other recommendation is very welcome.

auronthas

Thanks for posting brad...so they are good to go out of box?...interesting read.What about crossover?...Looks like your friends spoke truth auronthas.🎶

@lonemountain  Hi Brad.

Thanks for your clarification on ATC speaker break in.

On similar woofer glue you mentioned. I have had made a mistake using dry microfiber to remove dirt on woofer.  Alas, few fabric sticked to woofer and glue, I didn't know the woofer is "wet and sticky".  Bad thing happen when I used my finger to remove fabric at the woofer rubber ring, the glue rolled together with fabric as photo attached.

Luckily it does not affect the sound.  The woofer no longer look aesthetically nice.   I dare not touch the woofer.  Any treatment to make good the glue or just leave it ? Thanks 

Awe man...i learned that lesson too auronthas...try to fetch small lint.Not catastrophic but...Kef used the same sticky goo.Sorry for your doh!.

That sticky stuff on some drivers is a dampening material, like a tar if you will, that is used to improve the driver response.  It is tacky on purpose, as you sort of paint it on the cone.  You cannot clean it- dust is a problem-but fortunately dust doesn't affect driver performance.   So best not touch it.  

TO fix it cosmetically, you have to recone the driver (start over with fresh parts and fresh dampening material) or replace the driver.  Both are not cheap.  If it bothers you, then Id get both drivers reconed so they look the same.  Use an air cleaner (not an ozone generator which destroys rubber) to reduce dust in the room.

Don't beat yourself up, about it, I did it myself years ago before I understood. 

Lone Mountain Audio

Brad 

Windex in moderation, applied first on a relatively lint free soft cloth, a old worn out t-shirt works well. I’ve cleaned my tar stricken drivers with this method since the late 80’s with fantastic results. Hope this helps