FM Antenna

I have looked online for an answer to my question to no avail. I have a vintage receiver I want to hook up a 75 ohm coaxial antenna lead to. 

Picture of FM connection

I want to use the 75 ohm connection. I get putting the bare center wire under the screw. The clamp for the cable is what I have a question about. Do I remove the cable insulation to expose the ground mesh ? Do I leave the cable insulation on? 

Thanks

greywolf

You can try it both ways, but when I did this I stripped off the outer vinyl and let the braid contact the clamp.

Try the cable with vinyl in place first - if that doesn't work the strip off the vinyl and let the braid contact the clamp. If you are hesitant you can always use the 75 ohm to 300 ohm converter previously recommended (not a first choice if you're at all anal. :-) 

The braid must contact the clamp. The center wire goes to the screw above it.  No need for the adapter. 

I thought the braid needed to make contact with the clamp due to the fact the receiver hookup diagram shows the clamp going to ground. 

I don't want to use the 300 ohm adapter. I believe it causes signal loss.

Thanks