Just got started on Qobuz. Can anyone recommend an album or song?

I want to hear some good quality music and might move away from Tidal, but I have to hear quality recordings before I make a switch. Can anyone recommend an album or song that sounds truly exceptional on Qobuz?

128x1282psyop

I hate to be the one to say if you can appreciate audible differences between Qobuz and Tidal on a Node 2. Qobuz sound is definitely better but you need a better streamer / DAC combo to appreciate Qobuz high resolution files.

I wonder where Qobuz gets all it's 192 Khz tracks and albums from because, for example, The Rolling Stones or ABKCO only ever released DSD and 44.1 Khz.

Most artists never even released DSD and I don't know where the 24 bit recordings have come from either. I know Hi-Rez were selling many formats but where did they get it from?

Call me old fashioned but if it isn't an official studio, artist or publishing release I can't take it seriously, and MQA............don't ask.

lordmelton

I wonder where Qobuz gets all it’s 192 Khz tracks and albums from because, for example, The Rolling Stones or ABKCO only ever released DSD and 44.1 Khz ... Call me old fashioned but if it isn’t an official studio, artist or publishing release I can’t take it seriously ...

Qobuz gets its tracks directly from the record companies and doesn't apply any processing to the tracks.

Qobuz also excels at having a greater selection of High Rez albums. As of mid-last year Qobuz had 450,000 high resolution albums and Tidal had less than 2,500.

My dealer had bugged me to change for six months a while ago… I finally ran in parallel and never considered going back to Tidal.