Did Audiogon get sold to the Chinese or Russian Govt?

Conversation added to Moderation Queue for Review by Support.
yyzsantabarbara

Above posts all good. If this was unmoderated forum I suspect many of us would no longer visit. You wouldn't even recognize it as audio forum, and nearly every audio topic would dissolve into unmitigated personal attack. I'm in agreement with those who observe people are much more likely to be nasty in social media than in physical contact. I just question which one is the authentic person? I suspect the social media one may be the more authentic. I suspect learned social skills and fear of physical confrontation tame that setting. Social media's learned social skills are no holds barred, don't have to fear physical contact. 

I understand AG ban on trading contact info for business model purposes, without that ban AG business model would be unsustainable. Always remember, the First Ammendment gives businesses the right to moderate free speech, this is NOT censorship, nor is any censored post here that. Ironically,  this ban may also serve other unintended purposes in that it protects some members from physical attack from others.

Nearly total unlimited, or any free speech for that matter does have consequence,  a far more divisive populace and actual death being just two. How much consequence can we stand?

Teo presents us with some ideas and tools to ensure free speech from future limitations. Without some level of self censoring, its likely outside forces will step in to moderate free speech.  I predict they'll be a time when the peeps tire of present level of free speech, at that point they'll be an equal application of that censoring, or the stronger tribe will silence the weaker.

@teo_audio ​​@mahgister ....working on that. *G*

My results vary as expected, but one works within one's own mental playground. ;)

But when someone starts quoting something from Scientific American with regards to their cable curios, it's 4:30 Somewhere... *L*

@sns, well stated all in all.👍  If left to ourselves in a broad sense, our sensitivity to others can either bloom into a better understanding or devolve into needling attacks....

Civilized?  Barely...the veneer of civility peels off way too easy, too fast.

"Smart....but not wise...."  Not enough, not yet...

Still too tribal for our own good, always seeming to be on some sort of verge, calamity, imbroglio, snarling cat fight....

We all want Better.....but vary a lot on what that really entails.

Even this pursuit ('hobby', interest, etc.) is but a microcosm of the whole to the fourth power...or more...

"Trying to enjoy the floor show, wonderin' what the last act will be..." ;)

...and so much for "Negativity Today!" 

Tune in next tweak for....(Under Development: TBA).

(I can't wait, but will anyway...got to.... ;)   )