UGH...The tired, "BEST" Rock guitarist thread

Only because  I found a REALLY  good  copy of terrible  Ted's debut(his best IMO) yesterday, I'm sharing this one. Ted describing the electric  guitar God hierarchy gets my vote. I tapped out after Dog Eat Dog(before Derek St Holmes was dropped.) Those 2 albums and early Amboy Dukes still sound great to me.

tablejockey

@whitefishpoint1175 - Love me some Phil Manzanera and all the work he's done on his own and other projects, including Roxy, Eno, etc! And if you like FZ's guitar playing, have you heard his son Dweezil? I think he's even better than his dad....

"Blues Breakers/Cream era Clapton"

edcyn-

can't remember exact articles, but I've read many over the years of 70's era players citing the "Beano" BB album as their inspiration. 

You probably know those Clapton BB runs were essentially juiced up riffs rom all his Blues heroes, which Eddie listened to. I picked up on it in the early 80's and finally understood what it meant to go backwards to understand R&R history.

@whitefishpoint1175 - fyi, I haven't heard Dweeze on record, just at some of his live shows. You ain't heard Zappa till you've heard 'Black Napkins' with the featured instruments being 2 baritone saxes! But you should be able to find plenty of live stuff from him on YouTube.