How does the VPI Aries II stand up to current mid priced tables?

I've always loved the elegant look of the Aries but never owned one. Well I have scratched that itch and purchased one right here on Agon and it's en route right now. Seems to be pretty stock with the 10.5 arm and a possible motor upgrade, excellent condition. Has this turntable aged well? All thoughts are welcome.

128x128ozzy62

I get your point. But I have seen the platter for 1150.00. Still a lot of $$ I know. But an Aries III doesn't come around very often, not that I have seen.

"you could have bought a fully spec'd Aries 3."

As if one is one the shelf waiting to be purchased.  Useless post.

ozzy62-a couple of mods will still keep you ahead of buy something new at the same expense as far as performance. That of course, is depending on what you paid.

Ozzy, do not be surprised if you like the acrylic platter better after all is said and done, I do. Enjoy the music.

I just wanted to update this thread. I have been digging the Aries II all weekend. I am very pleased with the performance so far. I did swap out the cone footers with the mini HRX feet.  I will do more mods as time and finances allow, but this is a very capable rekkid spinner already.