Duelund Tinned Copper Bypass Caps vs Duelund CAST, Jupiter Copper Foil, VCap CuTF

Not sure this is the right place to post this, but it’s for my DAC.

I recently acquired an MHDT Orchid that was previously modified by grannyring with VCap ODAM output caps + VCap CuTF bypass. It sounds excellent but is perhaps lacking that last bit of organic "meat on the bones" body that I got out of modifying my Havana with Duelund CAST Cu output caps (along with a ton of other mods). Indeed, I feel the differences in tone/timbre reflect the differences I hear between CuTF and CAST. The CAST are my favorite caps, but very large and very expensive.

I don’t have any experience with the Duelund tinned copper bypass caps. Do they sound as good and natural as CAST Cu? They are certainly much cheaper so that gives me some pause. I am about to order them--specifically the new "JDM" version--to replace the CuTF bypass, but I also have spare 0.1uF Jupiter Copper foils and am thinking I could just use those as I also prefer them to CuTF. But then I would always be wondering if I would be missing out on what the Duelund bypass have to offer.

The output caps are 2.2uF, and the Duelund bypass caps are .01uF, while the Jupiters are .1uF so maybe the Jupiter would introduce more of their sound vs the Duelund? I don’t really know, just intuition. But that’s not a bad thing at all.

Anyone have experience with these?
eugene81

The tinned copper Duelunds are exceptional ,a bit more top end then just copper foil, and their oiled paper in a deep vacuum and same resin as the cast .

i have  in my coda CSIB integrated amp a 1UF coupling cap , I tried a .022 vhaudio Cutf great detail but 2d , used same .022 Duelund jdm silver foil oil very nice and open and smooth , just as a hunch I bought the Duelund1 uf coupling cap 

no bypass caps the JDM tinned copper  foil paper oil , it is Huge almost 3 x as big as theJupiter copper foil 1 uf , IHave pictures ,ihad to relocate it to the edge of the board below ,butWow itwas well worth it , I compared withtheWaay overpriced cast Duelunds 

guess what almost exact , same size ,weight over-a pound I would guess ,

just a bit longer vacuum and their silver thicker leads with cotton ,and the cast almost 150% more,$$  the jdm only go up to 2.2 uf  if youcan fit them ,the best capacitor out there period for electronics and loudspeakers  ,if  using for a bypass cap 3%  or less a great rule of thumb ,a nice natural detailed warm performance,give them at least 300 hours to fully runin, after 💯 + hours they start to open up nicely !!

@audioman58 Thanks, great input!  Very happy to hear CAST level sonics can now be had for a lot less money!

The only down side is space , just think around 2 inch long x2 inches wide 

and very dense maybe over a pound each , if you do have  the room  just run longer leads and a tinned copper awg 16 ,Jupiter makes excellent cotter tinned copper I am using this wire and Jupiters new exceptional value aluminum foil in oil ,paper hermetically seal caps I use these in my Loudspeaker purifiers these destroy the so called purifiers from Synergistic research at less then 1/2 the cost 

I  sold a bunch to friends in theU.K  ,I will put them on Audiogon next week.  

they rule clear up thetop end just connect to the speaker terminals.