Sub Pairing With Harbeth 40.3 XDs

Hello all - was wondering if anyone can recommend a sub pairing that is commensurate with my Harbeth 40.3 XDs ...? I love it loud. Looking for tight , punchy thump from the kick drum that sounds like arena PA ...🥳 

my system : 

Manley Snappers , Manley Jumbo Shrimp Pre

Some of these Subs like the REL S/812 seemed kinda pricey....an Emminence $250 speaker in a shiny powered cabinet doesn’t seem worth $3200?

Thanks!

128x128tommypenngotti

Have you called Harbeth or visited a local retailer to listen?  I personally like REL because of their high level connection.  I makes sense because they act like woofers if dialed in right.

@jl1ny

Exactly. I want the clarity the Harbeth’s bring ,however, also want the ability to emulate the feel of a live concert where the kick drum is focused and hitting you in the chest like Thor’s hammer.... 🎉

The question is do I need 2 or just 1 ....my room is Medium large ,but open ended on one side , in the process of treating it as best I can...

I've never felt the need for subs with my 40 series, but if I were to go down that path, I'd look at REL.  Sounds like you may prefer a different kind of speaker... maybe some large JBL's or Klipsch Cornwalls.

@pdreher

I have a pair of Tekton Encores which give the concert vibe , but the Harbeth’s sound is unmatched...they do sound killer , just looking for that extra bump on "Bro Night" 😉

@tommypenngotti 

My room is smaller than yours and I’m using a Rel S/510 with my Reference 3A monitors. space permitting Id go with two of them. The Rel S Line is awesome, musical, fast and dynamic. It blew away the T-9X that it replaced.