Sub Pairing With Harbeth 40.3 XDs

Hello all - was wondering if anyone can recommend a sub pairing that is commensurate with my Harbeth 40.3 XDs ...? I love it loud. Looking for tight , punchy thump from the kick drum that sounds like arena PA ...🥳 

my system : 

Manley Snappers , Manley Jumbo Shrimp Pre

Some of these Subs like the REL S/812 seemed kinda pricey....an Emminence $250 speaker in a shiny powered cabinet doesn’t seem worth $3200?

Thanks!

128x128tommypenngotti

How about the B+W PV1D?

PV1D

A unique take on subwoofer design, PV1D uses two opposed drivers in a super-rigid enclosure to deliver fast, clean, firm solid bass 

For my 30.2's I got a JL Audio F110v2. It mates nicely with the Harbeth sound, can't even tell it's on or where it is. Just sounds like the 30.2's with a bit more bass. So that's probably the biggest trick, matching to the Harbeth voicing. I had a Volodyne that did not sound good with the Harbeth, it was a good sub, it just didn't blend well. 

But there are plenty of good subs out there, it's just that this match worked out well for me.  Wish you luck on your search. I'd love to know what you end up with.

many would say mon 40’s do not need subwoofer bass support, but get a pair of rel’s if you must

Why would you need a sub with those Harbeths? They should sound good just as is...