Can a pair of BAT Rex II (Tube) mono block amplifiers make the Martin Logan Neoliths sing?

HELP?

In your opinions, would a pair of Balanced Audio Technology (BAT) Rex II mono blocks at 160w be powerful enough to make the Martin Logan Neoliths (30w - 1300w) sing?

I'm currently using a pair of Krell 575 mono blocks, which is powerful enough, but I'd like a warmer sound with more harmonics. I mostly listen to old standard jazz LPs from 50's to 70's (at night club sound level) and smooth jazz CDs (at concert levels).

BAT: 

Neolith:

milt808

Martin Logan Summits we’re the best I had but not the biggest. Prior to the Summit s I had a ML speaker with 12 inch woofers but I cannot remember the model number. The woofers did not mesh well with the panels in my opinion so I sold them and got the Summit’s.

My first Cary Audio amps were the Anniversary Edition which I traded in for a pair of their Founders Edition amps which I am currently using. The 211AE ran 70 watts class A and 110watts A-2 and the FE is 70 watts again in class A, 110 watts AB2 and 150 class B.

"BAT) Rex II mono blocks at 160w be powerful enough to make the Martin Logan Neoliths (30w - 1300w) sing?"

Good luck getting out of your seat , once there set up,

Heard them thru a couple different amps  including near equal power tube amps. 

Currently listening to some entry level Theos thru a 70 watt tube amp, which convinced me BIG ESL's are in my future.

Enjoy.

Thanks Irwin!  The Summits have a 200w powered built in amp, so it won't be comparable. The Neoliths have no built in amp.  Your first speaker probably didn't have amp, so it would be a better comparison.

Tablejockey, When you heard the Neoliths through couple of near equal power tube amps, how loud was the volume? How large was the room?  I listen at volumes where my daughter has to put on head phones two rooms over and my wife will tell me to turn them down if she's home. I'm guessing my soft is 60-80 decibels and my concert level is 100+ decipels. I also have a 20' x 30' room that is open to the kitchen, then hallway then the rest of the house with no doors.

milt808-

my experiences hearing the Neolith were in a showroom and private home both not far off in dimensions.

Can't give more details other than both were able to demonstrate just how LOUD  and competent  they can play-simply impractical and UNHEALTHY to preserving ones hearing long term. Impressive, but I prefer that level of loud from the real thing-with earplugs.

All I can tell you is they are in the "higher fi" category as far as  performance goes.-same for the BAT gear-congrats on being fortunate to consider the combination.

We are krell dealers theonos are stunning you can warm them up with a good tube preamp and a good front end

Please contact us we can give you some guidance 

DAVE AND TROY

audio Intellect nj

Krell dealers