Can a pair of BAT Rex II (Tube) mono block amplifiers make the Martin Logan Neoliths sing?

HELP?

In your opinions, would a pair of Balanced Audio Technology (BAT) Rex II mono blocks at 160w be powerful enough to make the Martin Logan Neoliths (30w - 1300w) sing?

I'm currently using a pair of Krell 575 mono blocks, which is powerful enough, but I'd like a warmer sound with more harmonics. I mostly listen to old standard jazz LPs from 50's to 70's (at night club sound level) and smooth jazz CDs (at concert levels).

BAT: 

Neolith:

milt808

It would be for me but your concert level remark would have me concerned. 160 watts runs out pretty quick if you are pushing it. 

Go for it. I have had several pairs of ML speakers over the years. I was powering them with a pair of Krell monos and I didn’t know what I was missing until I borrowed a Cary Audio 120 amp which simply destroyed the Krells. One of my buddies was there when I first hooked up the amp and he couldn’t believe the difference. He ended up purchasing the amp which he still has and I went with a pair of the Cary monos. Neither the 120 or the monos ever ran out of steam no matter what type of music I played. The panels would always reach a point where you could turn up the volume but they wouldn’t get any louder well before the amps reached their limits.

ML states that the Neoliths are 90 db efficient at 4 ohms so you should have more than enough headroom unless you are playing them in a huge room. Also, does the woofer section have its own amplifier like other ML speakers? If so you are only powering the panels. If they aren’t self powered I still think you will have more than enough juice with the Bats. If Neos don’t have built in amplification for the woofer section you could try using your Krells for the bass where they do excel and the Bats for the panels and get the best of solid state and tubes.

Good luck with your system which I would love to hear.

Thank you for your insights!

1. which was the largest model ML speakers did you have?

2. which model Cary mono block amps did you have? Watts?

Martin Logan Summits we’re the best I had but not the biggest. Prior to the Summit s I had a ML speaker with 12 inch woofers but I cannot remember the model number. The woofers did not mesh well with the panels in my opinion so I sold them and got the Summit’s.

My first Cary Audio amps were the Anniversary Edition which I traded in for a pair of their Founders Edition amps which I am currently using. The 211AE ran 70 watts class A and 110watts A-2 and the FE is 70 watts again in class A, 110 watts AB2 and 150 class B.