ATC SCM 7 V.3 and

Hi, looking for speaker to replace my 15 y.o Sonus Faber Concertino Domus speaker, currently using Accuphase E-280 integrated amplifier in a small room of 11.4'x 9.5' x 8' (L x W x H)

Was looking for ATC, B&W speaker which is good match & synergy with E280.   Lately i read some poor review on B&W product quality especially the 600 series.  Now focus on ATC .

Would like to know if E280 capable to drive this ATC SCM7 v.3 , how's the synergy ?  My preferred music genres are Jazz, Classical, vocals, etc.

Any other recommended brand of speakers with Accuphase is welcomed based on similar setup and genres.

auronthas

With AAVA (Accuphase Analog Vari-gain Amplifier) technology of Accuphase, possible SCM7 can be listened at low level volume without sound degrading ? 

I’m curious what the reasoning is for why an ATC 7 suffers at low level? Fletcher Munson effects? There is no technical reason why this would be true. One of ATC’s strengths to owners in both pro and consumer is the consistency of sound from high to low SPL. I’ve been involved with ATC as the importer to the US for 20+ years and I have never experienced this low level SPL being different (other than Fletcher Munson perception issues) 

Brad

Hi Brad, yes, that's the Fletcher Munson effect . That's why now several amplifier manufacturer has "loudness" button to deattenutate.

Besides that, I also noticed the few remastered album from Tidal  is more "loudness" as I observed from Roon track/album details DB gain compare to the earlier version . 

Aside from loudness buttons and great recordings (which is a big part of it)...i think having your system in good form to begin with is really necessary for a speaker to be able to perform at optimum low level...Speaker well run in,Quality stands/sound anchors work.Speaker placement dialed in...components properly decoupled made a huge difference for my system.I sometimes wonder how far people go to achieve optimum performance...At one point i was ready to off my atc 19 because i just wasnt hearing what i thought these speaker's should be capable of.It wasnt the speaker but was my lack of attention to stands and setup that was keeping them from performing.That done made all the difference... Not always the speaker that is the weak link.

digsmithd: wise words. I go in and out of major recording studios and also stores with speaker displays; set up is a HUGE issue that affects everyone everywhere. The biggest surprise to me is how people do not experiment with different speaker placement, different seating positions, different stands, changing things up to see if anything makes it noticeably better. Its shocking how much stands affect the speaker. I recommend sound anchor in pro as the speakers always sound better on them. Setting the speakers on consoles or desks is NOT the way to get performance. Using light weight stands cause "ringing" to be added to the speaker sound. I could not find any wooden stands or light metal stands that sound great to me. Ridiculous to spend 4 or 5K on a speaker only to have a $100 stand ruin it. Same idea with a tonearm on a turntable- it helps the cartridge sound better.

Brad