Just got my pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros

I don't think I can remember the last time music sounded this good.

Currently just running them straight out of my Komplete Audio 1 (FiiO K3 comes in tomorrow) and man it sounds so good - definitely better than my Mac's onboard audio. I went with the 32ohm version because there was a deal with them and the case - kind of wish I stepped up and went with the 80ohm version, but from what I could gather from reviews there isn't much of a difference in sound between 32 and 80ohms. Also, I wasn't planning on buying a DAC/Amp until I found the K3 for next to nothing on FB marketplace lol.

Not sure what the point of this is other than to say my ears have been opened and my partner is probably going to kill me when I eventually buy a set of HD600s.

jenelsebo

Warning: When your headphone rig sounds better than your loudspeakers, it's time for a big upgrade...fair warning. 

@russ69

😊☹️… exactly what happened to me. My headphone system ended up sounding sooo much better than my main… I had to upgrade my main, now, $75K poorer… my main sounds like headphone system… they now have the same character… warm, natural and detailed. Both sound great… but why listen to headphones if you have a great main audio system.

but why listen to headphones if you have a great main audio system.

Speakers>headphones

Same as ghdprentice, with my house of stereo system I have no more use for my Beyerdynamic T1 Gen2. Got very little use, like less than 25 hours. Will sacrifice for half price.

Fortunately for me I have a fireplace in my library and large windows out into the backyard. So, once in a while I have a fire and listen to my headphones. But, they don’t get the use they should. 

on the other hand I was able to fine tune the sound of my headphones… at a vastly reduced price from fiddling with my main system until I got the sound I wanted (it was the 300B tube amp that got it right), then upgrade my main system.