KEF Meta Reference 1's? anyboy heard them?

still seeking endgame speakers within non silly money territory, 

these things seems to tick all the boxes, right size for my room, good looking , and lots of local KEF dealers that offer deals below msrp

anybody have opinions on these?

I've had LS50 metas, the active version, was not super impressed with the sound as far as personal preference although I do believe they were an excellent product and absolutely outstanding value proposition

audiocanada

The TAD ME1 blows away floor standers at the 10K price. At the $15K of the TAD ME1 then I think the ME1 can hang with similarly priced floor standers, especially in a medium sized room. I would want to hear how much closer the new KEF Reference 1 is to the TAD ME1. I would also want to demo the Magico A1. I had the opportunity to buy the ME1 a few times, but I could not justify the $15K price, especially after raising the price for no apparent reason than what seem to me perception.

Some of us have moved away from floor standers. I augment my Reference 1s with a pair of Velodyne HGS-15s with SMS-1 acoustic bass management, and high-pass them with a passive balanced Marchand filter that sits between the Ayre KX-5 Twenty preamp and VX-5 Twenty amp.  Primary source is Roon via Ayre QX-5 Twenty endpoint.  Setup sounds good to me

db

heard them the other day driven by a hegel H390 amp.  

recessed midrange, midbass coloration, poor bass depth and extension.  

at least the metallic treble was gone.  

not a fan of the KEF reference series and consider them some of the worst return on investment in audio.  

check out the Legacy Audio Calibre standmount.  blows the KEF away in every metric.  

@avanti1960 

Poor synergy of the combination. Don't discount the KEF, it's the Hegel. Just recently heard a Hegel integrated playing through a pair of Focal's. The Focal's sounded terrible. The Hegel is the common denominator!

BTW, heard a pair of the LS 50 Meta's thorough a Prima Luna integrated in a small room. I could not believe the bass that the little guys produced. We tested them against everything up to $5K, nothing compared!

I hope you are wrong about the Reference 1's, just ordered a pair!!