NAD M10 vs Marantz Model 30

I had a history with an early NAD 3020 then a 3225PE. Both were great back in my early days of audio. Then a few years ago I bought a new/factory refurbed D7050 for my wife’s living room stereo. It was a piece of garbage that would constantly drop Bluetooth. After only a year it stopped working altogether. It has been sent back twice during the interim so I just threw it away.

Fast forward to now and I am looking to set up another simple system for my wife in our living room. She’s currently using a PSAudio Sprout and likes it. But our new living room is going to be 32x21 with a 14’ ceiling. I’m thinking something a bit more than the sprout might be needed.

I like the Marantz M30 but it’s large form factor and lesser features make me wonder if I will have better luck trying an NAD M10 with all of it’s features. Meters on the display and it’s smaller form factor are very appealing and will disappear into our decor.

Obviously sq is important. However, this is a system we’ll play while we’re cooking dinner or relaxing on the couch and taking in front of a fire. My reference system is going to have it’s own dedicated listening room.

Curious on comments and thoughts. Pros or cons? Other options other than the Naim unity?

2out2sea

The Marantz 30N is class D. 

Marantz’s Model 30 integrated amplifier (€3199, reviewed here) was a Class D amplifier (with MM/MC phono pre-amplification) that introduced long-time Marantz fans to the Japanese manufacturer’s new design aesthetic. It’s a look that has been carried over to Marantz’s latest creation, the Model 40n super-integrated amplifier, to which we ‘just add loudspeakers’.

The Marantz 30N is class D.

ah yes, i forgot marantz went all class d just before ken ishiwata left

well if it’s gotta be a marantz amp, i would personally go for this one over the 30n - at least k-i voiced it...

https://www.musicdirect.com/integrated-amp/Marantz-PM-KI-RUBY-Reference-Integrated-Amplifier

that said, i would do a hegel integrated (or even an older primare i-30) long before either a nad or a marantz

Thanks for the help guys.  I'm definitely going to try the Sprout before deciding on what's next.  It is a Sprout 100 fwiw.

The Sprout is going to be given to my daughter after college in a couple of years so I'm still in the market for a replacement even if the Sprout is suitable.  I'm not in a rush though hence my question.

I am obviously interested in good sound, but not looking for reference quality.  This is the living room rig that's managed mostly by my wife and her Bluetooth link.  She wants it simple.  It needs to have mm phono.

Speakers are likely going to stay as Decwares ERRx radials.  She loves the sound and I'll augment them with small dual subs too help fill the room.  Volume will never exceed 85db, ever.  That volume level will be rare.

I hope this helps some.  I appreciate the advice.   I've heard the NAD but not the Marantz.  If there are any other all in one at the sub 4-5k mark please lmk.  Thanks.

Brad