Clearaudio RCM good alternative to VPI?

I've owned two VPI record-cleaning machines, first a HW-17 (stolen), and now a HW-16.5. While I've always been happy with their performance cleaning records . . . I've always thought the build quality was really cheesy on both machines . . . with the 16.5 I had to reglue one of the dustcover support blocks and reassemble the switch plate (fasteners loosened and fell off during transport) immediately after taking it out of the box brand new. Also, both machines became somewhat moisture damaged (warping enclosure) very easily.

This didn't bother me too much because I'm a cheapskate about some things, and the VPI machines don't cost too much. But I have a friend who's asking for an RCM recommendation and he definately has the money and appreciation for better build quality . . . so I'm thinking about steering him toward a Clearaudio machine as something that's fundamentally the same in its operation, but with better build quality.

I would appreciate any feedback on the matter - but neither of us are patient enough for a Loricraft/Monks machine, so I think that a traditional "tube with lips" design is what he's after.
kirkus
Smart Matrix lasted 1.5 years before the steel motor shaft "hogged out" the aluminum platter. Then the motor shaft started spinning in the motor, rather than turning the table; it couldn't even pull against it's own vaccum. Nice touch.

I'm going back to VPI, even though it isn't a pretty or nicely finished. Hell, my 16.5 lasted 10 years and still going strong for the guy who bought it from me.

Anybody know where I can get a used vacuum tube off of one of these early Smart Matrix circa 2006 - 2009 models? 

Can't find them anywhere that I have looked.  Even Clearaudio's site doesn't go that far back.  Aren't these supposed to last 30 or 40 years?  If so, just seems strange that Clearaudio would not have any and all parts available for those early models.  Anyway, I've contacted them about it and still waiting for an answer.

Thanks!