Mitigating the Bubble

Today after many years of trials and tribulations I have mitigated a sonic aberration a horizontal phase anomaly in my center stage.  While the center image was always stable and outlined it seemed narrow and bubble like and I would need to shift my body angle to really lock in the image. This was obvious on many CDs and LPs .

I have many man made fixes that helped the situation but never a total cure. Some of these are now permanent fixtures on the ceiling in 2 different locations. I made my own acoustic panels filled with long hair sheep's wool and 3 Argent Room Lenses.  I have laminar flow lenses that focus and stabilize the image across the front stage. I have built and treated an acoustic fan that overcomes the  boundaries with in my room by reducing interference. I have loaded my speaker cabinets 3 times with new drivers and now an outboard crossover. This was after my Essence 30s speakers and my Dunlavy SC4s.  ..All my components are hard mounted and direct coupled to the floor...on rock solid racks and speaker stands, custom mono bloc amps each on their own stand. All of these devices and angles and positions made the image wider and more focused but I still had that little  bubble and shift before me. Always less annoying with each new device and tweak.

So, your probably saying to yourself hurry up and get to the end. The end finally arrived today after having applied a contact enhancer 7 days ago to just 6 RCA ends out of many connections in my system.  Today with a friend who has been here a hundred times sitting in the Chair playing the same music as usual he said there was a wider sweet spot. I despise that term but he said it and not me.What we both heard was a super stable center image that was a few feet wide and not just one. The bubble was gone. The head in the vise was gone.  Off came the straight jacket and helmet. What I have now in this space intime is a glorious fully extended soundstage with all the meat on the bones and the features of talking heads on a real live performance stage. 

I have probably used eight different contact enhancers over five decades but this one blows my mind. This product  Nano Flo is the ultimate in transparency. 

Tom 

theaudiotweak

Any schmuck can claim all kinds of qualifications, and cut and paste all kinds of stuff to prove how smart they are, on an internet forum. The fact remains that you have no clue what this stuff actually does, or doesn’t, do, in the context of a high resolution audio system. You could find out (assuming you actually have such a system), but, unlike most of us, you are clearly NOT here to share your actual experience with other enthusiasts and/or learn from theirs.

Post removed 

That’s for sure.  Any schmuck can post anything about anything.  Themselves,  products whatever.  So can others. You get to play to tell the truth and decide who is the real deal. 

Correct mapman, but anyone with some basic research skills can research that boron doped diamond is not superconducting till <10K. Anyone can research the conductivity of detonation diamond nano structures and see they are vastly less conductive than copper or similar metals. They see the charlatan claim a 5mpg to 8mpg increase for a truck (maybe it was 5.5mpg) and do some basic research on vehicle contact and fluid friction losses and know that is impossible. They can learn a bit about thermodynamics and contact and fluid friction losses and know that his massive horsepower claim for a dragster is impossible. They can see his claim that the owner of a company died due to claimed carcinogen in his product and know that this is not a good person. They see the claim that he would provide test results be reneged on and know he cannot be trusted. They can investigate surface roughness of connector and similar contacts and make some educated guesses about what it would take to fill those gaps to improve conductivity.

My statements hold up not because I have the qualifications to back them up, but because everything I said in the last paragraph is true and easily researched and verified. Some of it was easy for me because of my background so I see the numbers and know what they mean without further research, but nothing beyond someone determined to learn.

When I am interested in an audio product, and considering whether or not to try it in my system, I look for reports from those who have actual experience with it. I’ve already seen the ads and marketing blurbs, actual user experience is what I’m looking for. That’s one of the main reasons I frequent forums like this. Yes, of course I need to consider the credibility of those who report the experience, as should anyone else. Comments and opinions from those with no experience, especially when presented in an unsolicited and obnoxious manner, are just noise. I know I am not alone in feeling this way.