Tellurium Q speaker cables

Hi,

First post here.  A good friend recommended this site for its well-informed and helpful participants.  Glad to be here.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience or compared Tellurium Q speaker cables.  They garner many fine reviews, and I'm very happy with one of their digital coax cables.  I'm going through an upgrade binge (kids are no longer a component liability), and my ageing Ecosse MS2.3 are firmly in my sights.

The Silver II is very affordable for me, but I was wondering if anyone has compared them to the Ultra Black II.  They're clearly considerably more expensive, but how much better are they?

All thoughts more than welcome

Thanks, Mark.

128x128lollipopguild

Honestly, try EWA cables at abcaudio.biz

Colin, who designed the Tellurium Q cables, went on to form EWA with Alan Brown. His designs are amazing and for the money, they are quite the bargain.

FWIW

Hi cd45123

I'm interested, though it would take a leap of faith.  If I had more time, and fewer small children I'd get several, then spend long weekends comparing them myself.  However, I really can't, hence the forum requests for help

Have you tried both the TQ and EWA cables?  The EWA LS-40 seem comparatively priced to the TQ Silver II

So I’ve had black II cables from Tellurium - they were ok. Definitely committed less issues than most cables. 

I learned about EWA from some of the UK forums where members had upgraded to EWA from Ultra Black and Black Diamond series.

If you’re set on TQ, you should look at the chart where they rank all 3 lines. Ultra Black II comes in above Silver II, but Ultra Black II seems to be the newest cable in their ranges and has garnered a lot of press - the Silver II cable will likely be more analytical according to their charts.

From what I heard they are nice cables...however, I'm not sure how much better they would be compared to A budget built pair of Audioquest type 4's...budget meaning the ones hand soldered/terminated by Audio Advisor. To me, they neither add or take away anything from the music. 

@lollipopguild  I can't answer your question but if you haven't done a Forum search of Tellurium speaker cables via the search bar here is the link below ; maybe you'll find either some answers you seek , or better yet be able to private message members for direct insights who actually own them and/or had them in their systems