Led Zeppelin 11

Better Records has a just in Led Zeppelin 11 for a poultry $2499, but it's a white hot stamper!

128x128audioguy85

I have purchased a few Better Records but not anywhere near the price of LZ II. Yes ,I did find them to be better than the recordings I already had including one half speed master. I would not look at them as an investment and I think Better Records mentions this on their site. If you really like an album and you want a great sounding copy give them a try as there is a 30 day trial.

I just checked out my obviously audiophile Led Zep 2 reissue. The only mark I can find on the vinyl is BC...or is it BG1?. My pitiful eyes and my not-quite-medical-grade magnifying devices just aren’t good enough for me to be sure.

Better Records’ Tom Port obscures the pressing info contained in the run out groove of the LP’s he sells by adding his own scratches (not cool, imo), in order to make identifying a white hot stamper (as defined by him. When I visited his apartment in the early-mid-90’s, his hi-fi was decidedly mid-fi---a receiver, record changer, and bookshelf loudspeakers. Perhaps he has a more transparent, resolving system today. Or perhaps not. Rare record dealers are most often not audiophiles) impossible.

RL pressings of LZ 2 are not that that to find; I found one in VG+ condition locally for $40. Was it a white hot stamped pressing? I don’t know---I’m not a fan of LZ, and left the LP for someone who is. Unlike TP, I’m not a greedy pig.

Hmm, I have not noticed anything amiss in the runout grooves of any of my "better records". Id have to say, his records do sound better. I’ve spent what amounts to a small fortune on his records, and I’ve been very satisfied with what I received.

You guys got me to do some random needle drops. My analysis... Often relentlessly multi-miked.. Vocals are by turns excellent or edgy, trebly and a hair distorted. Jimmy's guitar is tone is okay if not world-beating. Drums are punchy, spacious, naturally miked and altogether beautiful. Bass is very natural  I like the harmonica, too. Dead silent, utterly flat pressing.