Honeytone Reel to Reel Information

I recently acquired a little Reel to Reel at a local antique shop.  I don't normally dabble in vintage audio equipment but there was just something about this little recorder I couldn't resist.  The problem is, I can't find any information on this thing anywhere and not being familiar with this sort of equipment I'm not entirely sure where to look.  It bears the name of Honeytone on the lid but the only other marking is "JAPAN" embossed on the bottom and on the circuit board.  I can find no model number, no serial number, nothing.  The body is entirely plastic with a beige main case and an off white hinged lid.  I have photos I can send if anyone thinks they can help.  Does anyone have any information related to this or similar equipment or perhaps know where I could or should search?  I would love to get this little thing working.

rustytoolz

This is the only pic I could find online. I don’t seem to be able to post my own photos for some reason. Anyway, this is identical to the unit I have. The lid is not pictured here but it’s the same color as the reel deck with the Honeytone badge in the lower left corner. This thing is also very cheaply made, to the point of feeling almost like a toy but under the hood it’s built like a tank.

Looks like one I had in the early 60’s. Mine was a Roberts made by Rheem  Manufacturing Co. mine was that off white and black.  It was mono and it didn’t sound that bad. 

Interesting!  Okay, that’s a start.  I’ll give that a good googling and see what I come up with.  Thanks!