Why should audiophile deniers be allowed on an audiophile forum?

Why should we be subjected to audiophile deniers, on a site dedicated to audio?
It’s antithetical to the hobby and adds nothing to the pursuit. I want to quote something from another thread.

@djones51 wrote "exposing bull products like "audiophile switches, cables, fuses " and other highly questionable devices that serve no purpose"

What then, is the purpose of people with this agenda being on this site? To “expose bull products.” It’s fine for someone to post they tried a product and it didn’t work for them, but to dismiss entire product categories is not a discussion that belongs on an enthusiast forum.

Would a car enthusiast site stand for this type of post?

Try going on a Porsche forum, just for example, and posting that your Mustang is just as fast 0-60 and that others poster’s claims about their driving experience is “dubious.” See how long that will be tolerated

There are plenty of sites to poke fun at audiophile’s obsession with cables, power conditioners etc. Why does it belong here, especially when we can’t mute specific posters?

What’s next? Arguing that speakers that measure the same must sound the same and that we are all suckers for buying expensive speakers? I thought we got rid of trolling?

Isn’t it obvious with all the ASR related posts here lately we are being trolled?

A couple of months back I read a post here about someone that ordered a new cat8 cable from China. I tried it and posted back my fantastic results for others to benefit.

Personally that’s the kind of forum I’m interested in, not to come here to be challenged about what I hear and that since it can’t be measured so it must be “dubious.”

emailists

@mahgister 

You're so predictable, pedantic and clueless, waiting to pounce on matters you're not very well versed on. But, by all means, keep on embarrassing yourself.

All the best,
Nonoise

wolfie62-totally agree with you. You can physically drive 2 cars in a qtr mile and determine which is faster. How are you going to measure the sound of 2 cables? Some people will want to see graphs/measurements (foolish) and others will determine which 1 is better by listening.

Why did somebody have to bring up MC? It has been so nice not having to read his $%&$. We all can agree to disagree on how a speaker sounds after you have heard it. With MC, he is recommending HIS speaker brand to people all while never have listened to them. This is wrong! People shouldn't be recommending something to someone unless you have listened/demoed/owned the product in person, not from reading a trade rag, or talking to the manufacturer.

Another odd thing that happens on a regular basis (especially on ANA) and that's if a cable cost more than $50, it's a snake oil product/waste of money, and no better than a Best Buy $50 cable without even listening to it. These same people use $10-$50 cables thinking technology stops at this price range, but when I asked some of these same people on other websites why they don't use the .05 cent cables that come with the product, they say their cables are much better than the cheap 1's. Doesn't make sense. If you can hear a difference in cheap cables over the crappy cables in the box that come with it, why can't they hear the difference between their $10-$50 cables and a $4000 cable? 

Post removed 

Wow...

Enjoy reading "offtrack" threads like this one until they become political.

helmholtzsoul -"I'll let MY wallet do the talking" comment is hoot as well as his claiming to like Kenjit's offerings here @ A'Gon.

However, I do miss Geoffery Kait's (sp?) posts, as he was the Canoe to my English Leather.

DeKay